Couch Twitch Grass
Couch (NI) or Twitch (SI) grass is a common weed in garden lawns, flowerbeds, paths and waste places.
Couch/Twitch grass looks like just a tuft of any grass, but below ground the roots form a dense network. It spreads quickly by means of thin, wire-like, pointed rhizomes.
From root tips, new shoots are produced in spring and autumn that rapidly produce tufts of leaves and more rhizomes.
Manual removal is difficult and will leave roots and rhizomes in the ground which will sprout again.
- Spot treat - Wearing rubber gloves paint Weed Weapon Invade Gel onto as many leaves of the Couch/Twitch as possible. This will kill the grass and its roots.
- Spot treat - Wearing rubber gloves paint Weed Weapon Invade Gel onto as many leaves of the Couch/Twitch as possible. Or apply Weed Weapon Direct Hit to the crowns of the grass. These treatments will kill the grass and its roots without risk to surrounding plants.
- Follow up with Weed Weapon Preventer sprinkled in the flower bed to prevent new weeds emerging.
Paths, Driveways etc.
- Apply Weed Weapon Long Term to kill existing Couch/Twitch to the roots and prevent new growth appearing for an extended period.
Did you know
Elytrigia repens is known as Couch grass in New Zealand's North Island and Twitch grass in New Zealand's South Island. It is also known as scuth grass in other parts of the world.
Deals with Couch Twitch Grass
View all products
- Weed Weapon Direct Hit
- Weed Weapon Extra Strength
- Weed Weapon Extra Strength Ready to Use
- Weed Weapon Invade Gel
- Weed Weapon Long Term
- Weed Weapon Preventer
- Weed Weapon Rapid Action