Ivy is a hardy, climbing plant that is often found climbing over trees and fences.
Ivy has dark green evergreen leaves and shoots attached by aerial roots to the surfaces it climbs over. Both berries and foliage can be poisonous. It is often found climbing over trees, walls and fences but it can also form ground cover.
Cut and Swab
- Cut back the plant leaving approximately 20 leaves at the bottom close to the roots.
- Paint Weed Weapon Invade Gel on the upper and lower surfaces of the leaves and onto the cut ends. It is systemic so it will kill down to the roots and is inactivated in the soil and will not affect neighbouring plants.
- Death of Ivy can take up to 14 days.
Did you know
Ivys may have many root ssytems as it puts out roots from many parts of a single plant. Each root system must be treated as an individual plant for good control.
Ivy are plants of the genus Hedera comprising a dozen or so species of evergreen climbing or ground-creeping woody plants. There are some similar unrelated weeds known as ivy including Cape ivy, German ivy and Ground ivy.
Latin names: Ivy - Hedera helix, Cape ivy - Senico angulatus, German ivy - Delairea odorata, Ground ivy - Glechoma hederacea.
Deals with Ivy
View all products
- Dye and Stick
- Weed Weapon Extra Strength
- Weed Weapon Extra Strength Ready to Use
- Weed Weapon Invade Gel
- Weed Weapon Rapid Action