Pampas grass is an introduced grass that readily becomes weedy.
Pampas grass is a very large clumping grass with long feathery seed heads that looks similar to the native Toitoi. Dead leaf bases spiral like wood shavings. Erect, fluffy, white-pinkish seedheads are produced from summer to autumn which fade to a dirty cream as seed forms.
Cut and Swab
- Cut back the plant leaving approximately 10-20 cm at the bottom close to the roots.
- Imediately paint Weed Weapon Invade Gel on the cut surfaces surfaces of the leaves and onto the cut ends. It is systemic so it will kill down to the roots and is inactivated in the soil and will not affect neighbouring plants.
- Death of pampas can take up to 14 days.
Deals with Pampas Grass
View all products
- Dye and Stick
- Weed Weapon Extra Strength
- Weed Weapon Extra Strength Ready to Use
- Weed Weapon Invade Gel
- Weed Weapon Rapid Action