Paspalum grasses are common weeds in lawns, flowerbeds and waste places.
Paspalum is a tufted summer growing perennial grass which spreads with rhizomatous roots. It is characterised by 'sticky' seed heads in late summer. In lawns it forms low growing flat tufts of coarse looking grass.
Manual removal is difficult and will leave roots and rhizomes in the ground which will sprout again.
- Spot treat - Wearing rubber gloves paint Weed Weapon Invade Gel onto as many leaves of the Paspalum as possible. This will kill the grass and its roots.
- Spot treat - Wearing rubber gloves paint Weed Weapon Invade Gel onto as many leaves of the Paspalum as possible. Or apply Weed Weapon Direct Hit to the crowns of the grass. These treatments will kill the grass and its roots without risk to surrounding plants.
- Follow up with Weed Weapon Preventer sprinkled in the flower bed to prevent new weeds emerging.
Paths, Driveways etc.
- Apply Weed Weapon Long Term to kill existing Paspalum to the roots and prevent new growth appearing for an extended period.
Deals with Paspalum
View all products
- Weed Weapon Direct Hit
- Weed Weapon Extra Strength
- Weed Weapon Extra Strength Ready to Use
- Weed Weapon Invade Gel
- Weed Weapon Long Term
- Weed Weapon Preventer
- Weed Weapon Rapid Action