Granules to control insects and grubs in lawns and soils.
- Dual action formula – contact and systemic action giving longer lasting control.
- Curative and preventative - solves established problems but can also be used to prevent a future problem.
- Improves grass condition.
- Easy to apply granules.
- Long term control - up to 4 months protection.
- Sprinkle evenly over area to be protected at a rate chosen from the table below.
- Water in for a minimum of 2 hours by gentle sprinkler irrigation or moderate to heavy rain (at least 10 mm). You can measure the amount of water applied by setting a measuring cup, such as supplied on many Kiwicare products, in the area and waiting until it contains water to 10 mm.
Grass Grub - 100 g per 15 m2 - Use when grubs are feeding close to the surface (Feb-May). Can also be used any time of year as both protective and curative grass grub control.
Porina Caterpillar - 100 g per 30 m2 - Sprinkle evenly over lawn and water in.
Wireworm - 100 g per 10m 2 -Sprinkle on affected soil.
Cluster Fly Larvae - 100 g per 30 m2 - Sprinkle over turf within 200m of previously affected buildings and water in (Nov–Mar).
Note: LawnPro Lawnguard is not registered for use on vegetables or other crops.
2.0 g/kg Thiamethoxam and 0.4 g/kg Lambda-Cyhalothrin in the form of a granule.
Ready to Use Shaker Pack: 350 g, 600 g.
Refill for Spreading Device: 3 kg
- Best applied in calm conditions to reduce the chance of product drifting.
- Safe for people and pets 24 hours after product has been watered in.
- Grass grub - Ideal for use from February to late Autumn but can be used effectively through to Spring.
- Porina caterpillar, cutworm and other grubs – Apply in Spring to prevent adult porina moth laying eggs on grass. Apply at first sign of damage. Porina do most damage in Autumn and early winter.
- Cluster fly larvae – Apply late summer or early autumn to control flies emerging from soil and before they begin clustering.
- Ants – Apply in spring and through summer and autumn when ants are active.
- To protect beneficial pollinating insects such as bees do not apply to lawns or turf containing flowers and do not apply to soils around plants in flower or likely to flower soon afterwards.
- Keep domestic fowl (e.g. chickens, ducks) off treated areas for 6 days.
- Note: LawnPro Lawnguard is not registered for use on vegetables or other crops.
- Safe Disposal of Containers and Chemicals
- Safe Storage of Home Garden Products
HSNO Approval Code: HSR101021.
LawnPro Lawnguard SDS
Join the conversation
This also helps with...
Not long after putting down the full 600 gram container [Kiwicare LawnPro Lawnguard] on the lawn, it rained and rained right through the night which was great. This morning you could see them [Porina] from the house there were so many. After using the Lawnpro, it has certainly made a huge impact on them, I have never seen the lawn so covered in them.
Pt 1 - I have just used LawnPro Lawnguard, last night on my lawn, and to my delight, there were 30+ of the little buggers (Porina Catepillars) "dealt with" :).
Pt 2 - Its now been 24hrs since application and destruction of the little buggers (50+ of them in, 24m2 section of my lawn).