Water repellent solution for porous masonry surfaces. Reduces growth of algae and moulds and protects from frost damage. ONLY available in 5 Litre size.
- Creates an effective barrier against water penetration
- Allows walls and other treated materials to ‘breathe’
- Ideal for porous building materials
- All concrete based products
- Can be painted over
Preparation Wash or brush down to remove obvious dirt, grime or flaking paint. Allow to dry before treating. Cracks in excess of 0,5mm should be filled prior to treatment. Chemical treatment to kill moss growth with Kiwicare SORTED Moss and Mould is recommended before application. Brush off dead moss before waterproofing. Mask off window glass and other areas that not to be treated. Caution: NO Leaks Masonry Sealer will etch glass.
- Dilution rate - Mix 65 ml per 1 litre clean water.
- Application - The diluted solution can be applied with a brush, roller or spray. As a general guideline 5 litre of mixed material will treat up to 20 square metres.
- For very absorbent materials such as new blocks or mortar use 5 litres of mixed product to 10 square metres.
- To achieve maximum water repellency always apply the material until run down occurs.
Painting - Surfaces treated with NO Leaks Masonry Sealer can be painted over, providing certain precautions are taken. Thin down water based paints as little as possible. Always use a good undercoat before applying oil based paints.
Fish Ponds - Leave fish ponds to dry for about 2 weeks, then rinse several times to disperse potassium hydroxide.
Potassium Salt of Methylsilic Acid
Concentrate: 5 L
NO Leaks Masonry Sealer can be used as an additive in water based paints or plaster to improve resistance to weathering and dirt. One litre of Masonry Sealer to 100 litres of water in the case of plaster is recommended.
- Note: Do not use on red or brown brick, terracotta or other coloured surfaces.
- Kiwicare NO Leaks Masonry Sealer is alkaline and corrosive. Do not allow spray drift or drips onto glass or light alloys, e.g. windows, spectacles, adjacent cars etc. Masking of windows and doors in close proximity to the spraying areas is strongly recommended. Wipe all over spray off windows and doors immediately using warm water and detergent.
- Do not use NO Leaks Masonry Waterproof Sealer on red or brown, or certain dark coloured concrete bricks unless you have trialled a small inconspicuous area first. “Proceed with Caution”
- Safe Disposal of Containers and Chemicals
- Safe Storage of Home Garden Products
HSNO Approval Code: HSR002658.
NO Leaks Masonry Sealer Concentrate SDS