Granules to control insect pests in soil, and on hedges, shrubs and ornamentals. DISCONTINUED.
PLANThealth Insect Hit Granules contain two active ingredients; one stays in the surface layer of the soil to protect from soil dwelling insect pests including ants that would 'farm' sap sucking insects. The second active ingredient is systemic - its mode of action means it is taken up by the roots of plants to protect them from sap sucking and chewing insect pests.
- Sprinkle evenly on soils around and between affected plants using the following quantities:
Soil dwelling insects: Ants, slaters, earwigs, etc. - 5 g per m2
Sap sucking insects: Psyllids, scale, mealy bugs, aphids, etc. - 10 g per m2
Chewing Insects: Bronze beetle, leaf miners, thrips, etc. - 10 g per m2
- For sap sucking and chewing insects on shrubs and ornamentals apply to the soil area below the canopy to the drip line and a little beyond, i.e. as far out as the foliage spreads and a little further.
For hedging treat out from the hedge as far as the canopy would spread, if not trimmed, and a little further.
- Water in with 2 hours gentle sprinkler or 10 mm of rain.
2 g/kg Thiamethoxam, 0.4 g/kg lambda-Cyhalothrin in the form of a granule.
350 g ready to use sprinkle pack.
- Apply every 3 months to maintain protection and prevent insect problems.
- Apply under leaf canopy of affected plants as far as the foliage spreads (drip line).
- For larger shrubs or heavily infested plants use in conjunction with PLANThealth Spectrum spray.
- Application of Kiwicare Organic Super Spraying Oil can help prevent damage from sap sucking insects.
- How to mix and dilute spray concentrates video
- Glossary of Gardening Terms
HSNO Approval code: HSR101021.
PLANThealth Insect Hit Granules SDS