Kill and remove lichen from outdoor surfaces such as driveways, paths, walls and stone.
Identify the problem
Lichens are symbiotic combinations of algae and fungi (mould) or bacteria. They are very slow growing and hardy. Lichens are able to live in places with poor nutrients and where other organisms would find the conditions too harsh. They can survive severe drought, low light, high light, heat and cold. But SORTED Moss and Mould will kill the lichen and prevent its return for many months. It will however, take time weather off once dead so once the lichen is dead either remove with scrubbing or be patient and leave it to weather off naturally.
Removal and prevention of lichen growth
- If your outdoor surface is stained with lichen, moss, black moulds, algae or other biological growth, use Weed Weapon Natural Power or SORTED Moss and Mould. These powerful targeted formulations kill damaging moss, mould, algae and lichen and it goes on to protect the surfaces all season long.
- Simply click the pack onto the end of your hose, spray on the formula and leave. The foam penetrates the surface killing the damaging organisms and they will then weather off naturally over time.
- SORTED Moss and Mould and Weed Weapon Natural Power kills and prevents moss, mould, liverwort, lichen and algae.
- Watch the video on How to Use the Hose End Sprayer
In lawns and flowerbeds
- LawnPro Mossclear can be used to control lichen in lawns and flowerbeds.
- Apply Organic Super Sulphur
Did You Know
- Lichens are symbiotic combinations of algae and fungi (mould) or bacteria.