Houseplants are Good for You
There are several benefits of having indoor plants in your home and workplace:
- Studies have shown that plants in your environment help reduce stress by calming the sympathetic nervous system. People feel happier in the presence of plants.
- In general people’s mood and energy levels are better around nature.
- Looking after houseplants can give benefits similar to having animal pets; they give people something to care for.
- Through photosynthesis, houseplants convert the carbon dioxide we exhale into fresh oxygen.
- There is some evidence houseplants and micro-organisms in the soil remove toxins from the air we breathe. Volatile organic compounds in the air can be absorbed and the air detoxified.
This effect may only be significant in small spaces with little ventilation, but houseplants certainly do no harm.
- Our heated and air-conditioned homes and offices are often very dry, and maintaining houseplants in the spaces will help keep humidity at more comfortable levels.
- Potted plants provide noise absorption. Research shows that a row of 2-3 small plants can reduce noise by as much as 5 decibels.
- For the increasing number of people who live in properties without a garden; gardening can be brought indoors with houseplant care.
- Houseplants just make your home and office space look better.
The Kiwicare Gro-Sure Houseplant Range is designed to make caring for your houseplants and keeping them healthy easy.