Kill and remove moss from outdoor surfaces such as driveways, paths, walls and stone.
Identify the problem
Moss needs moisture to grow but can survive periods of drought. It is usually associated with poor drainage, shade, low nutrient level. It is low growing and forms a spongy mat.
Since moss thrives in damp soil, it encroaches on areas that have poor drainage and where the soil is compacted. It can be found in almost any damp and shady area of your garden including lawns, garden beds, paths and driveways. So as well as using SORTED Moss and Mould or LawnPro Mossclear* also consider changing the conditions, if possible, to make the affected area less suitable for moss growth.
*Mossclear may stain light colour hard surfaces.
Removal and prevention of moss
- If your outdoor surface has moss, black moulds, algae, lichen or other biological growth, use Weed Weapon Natural Power or SORTED Moss and Mould. These powerful targeted formulations kill damaging moss, mould, algae and lichen; it goes on to protect the surfaces all season long.
- Simply click the pack onto the end of your hose, spray on the formula and leave. The foam penetrates the surface killing the damaging organisms and they will then weather off naturally over time.
- SORTED Moss and Mould and Weed Weapon Natural Power kills and prevents moss, mould, liverwort, lichen and algae.
- Weed Weapon Natural Power and Weed Weapon Rapid Action also effectively kill moss.
In Lawns and Flowerbeds
- LawnPro Mossclear can be used to control moss in lawns and flowerbeds.
Did You Know
- Mosses do not have true leaves, stems or roots. They are simple plants with tissues that absorb moisture and nutrients through all parts.
- Mosses are in the division Bryophyta which formerly included liverworts and hornworts. Liverworts and hornworts are now placed in their own divisions.