Chlorosis is the yellowing of leaves and is a symptom that can be caused by a number of problems.
Identify the problem
Chlorosis is the yellowing of leaves between darker green veins.
Chlorosis is usually caused by an iron deficiency which, in turn, can be caused by:
- Feed the plant with a fertiliser such as PLANThealth Buxus Feed or Gro-Sure Planting Magic.
- Poor drainage meaning roots a re waterlogged and unable to absorb nutrients including iron.
- Planting too deeply.
- Heavy clay soil that does not allow for good aeration and healthy root growth.
- Root rot which may be exacerbated by poor drainage.
- Insect damage to roots e.g. root mealybugs and aphids.
- pH above 6.5 reducing the availablility of iron.
- If the above are not thought to be the cause chlorisis can be caused by low nutrient levels - apply fertiliser suitable for the plant.