Buxus (box) hedging is a common garden hedging and topiary plant and is a ‘gross feeder’ meaning it requires regular application of fertiliser. Like other hedging plants, with constant trimming and pruning the Buxus has specific needs for replacement of nutrients. Buxus Feed is formulated for Buxus but it can be used on other hedging and shrub plants.
- Boosts healthy green growth and promotes disease resistance
- Formulated specifically for Buxus and other hedging plants
- Strengthens roots and shoots to help resist Buxus blight
- Easy to apply - simply sprinkle along the drip line of the hedge
- NPK (10 : 4.3 : 14.2) plus trace elements (S, Mg, Ca)
- 2 sources of nitrogen – immediate uptake and slow release
- Feeds 80 plants or 40 metres of hedging
- Spout pouch for easy application of granules
Purchase now from...
These images are direct links to retailer's product page.
- Sprinkle along the drip line of hedging at a rate of 25 g per linear metre.
- If using in pots use at a rate of 5 g/pot* (*30 cm diameter).
- Water in well. When watering apply water to the roots and try not to wet the foliage.
- PLANThealth Buxus Blight Buster Technical Sheet
Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium (NPK 10 : 4.3 : 14.2) plus trace elements (S, Mg, Ca).
1 kg pouch
- Can be used as a top dressing or sprinkled into the planting hole before planting.
- Apply up to every 3-4 weeks in spring and autumn and less frequently in winter and summer.
Regular application in the growing seasons gives a steady level of sufficient nutrients for the gross feeding Buxus and other hedging.
- Clear away leaf litter below plants before application.
- Where roots are likely to extend beyond the drip line (e.g. trimmed hedge) extend application to cover root tips.
- When watering apply water to the roots and not to foliage.
- See here for information on identifying and preventing buxus blight dieback disease.
PLANThealth Buxus Feed SDS - Non-hazardous