Dollar spot is a fungal disease of lawns that causes small brown 'dollar size' patches on lawns.
Identify the problem
Dollar spot is a fungal disease of lawns that causes small (approx 3–5cm) brown patches. Dollar spot is most commonly found on closely mowed turf grasses
The disease occurs from early spring through to autumn, but is most active under conditions of high humidity and warm daytime temperatures.
Fungal disease on lawns are exacerbated by stress caused by draught, poor drainage, low soil fertility, soil pH and excessively low cutting.
- Can be spot treated with LawnPro Fungus Control.
- Application of LawnPro Mossclear 1 week later will kill fungal spores.
- Feed well with LawnPro 7-Day-Green to encourage healthy grass growth.
- Fungal diseases on lawns are exacerbated by stress caused by draught, poor drainage, low soil fertility, soil pH and excessively low cutting. Try to address any ways that your lawn may be under stress; improve drainage if over wet, water if over dry, adjust soil pH to 6.5-7.0 or raise the cutting height of your lawn mower.
- Apply LawnPro D-Thatch to reduce the excessive lawn thatch that may have encouraged the dollar spot fungus.
Did You Know
- Dollar spot is caused by the fungus Sclerotinia homoeocarpa.