Thatch is the dense spongy layer at the base of your lawn made up of tightly interwoven or compacted stems, leaves and roots. Lawns with high levels of thatch (2 cm or more) can create an environment in which disease and pest insects thrive. Poor drainage, compacted soil and unfavourable pH can contribute to high levels of thatch. D-Thatch will dethatch the lawn by organically boosting the decomposition of thatch gradually over approximately one month.
- Organically breaks down thatch.
- Stimulates beneficial soil microbes.
- Improves soil and grass health.
- Made for New Zealand lawn conditions.
- Safe for pets.
- Alternative to destructive manual and mechanical scarifying or dethatching.
Purchase now from...
These images are direct links to retailer's product page.
- Shake well.
- Dilute 10 ml per litre of water and apply at a rate of 1 litre of spray to 10 m² of lawn.
- Apply using a pressure sprayer or watering can as appropriate.
A blend of fermentation extracts and nutrients.
200 ml concentrate
- Apply early morning, late evening or when overcast and when there is moisture in the soil.
- Most effective in spring and autumn.
- If the lawn requires irrigation, water in the morning.
- For extremely dense thatch (more than 4 cm) repeat application month after first application and as required.
- We recommend the LawnPro range of products for lawn maintenance towards lush, healthy, green lawns.
- Dense thatch may require repeat applications.
- Additional use
- LawnPro D-Thatch can also be used as a composting stimulant. Added to a compost it will boost the activity of the micro-organisms breaking down the compost. Giving you faster composting and more effective breakdown of more difficult woody material.