Potassium is essential for healthy growth of lawn grasses. Symptoms of potassium deficiency include wilting and discolouration of grass leaves.
Identify the problem
Check for yellowing tips of older leaves and wilting of all grass leaves.
- If the symptoms suggest potassium deficiency apply an appropriate lawn fertiliser. LawnPro 7-Day-Green is ideally balanced for providing nitrogen to lawn grasses and promoting green, lush dense lawns.
- Then apply LawnPro Lawn Thickener to repair the lawn and fill in patches of dead or affected lawn. It also contains fertiliser with an NPK of 6 : 2.5 : 3.7.
- Learn How to Thicken Your Lawn in 5 Easy Steps
- Watch the video on How to Thicken and Green Your Lawn
- Healthy Lawns and Grasses Technical Sheet
- Download your Kiwicare Lawn Maintenance Calendar
- Glossary of Gardening Terms
Did You Know
Potassium encourages grass rooting and drought tolerance by improving leaf strength, improving water absorption and retention plus the resistance to heat. It is also important in disease resistance particularly to fungal disease such as fusarium and dollar spot.
The macro nutrients that plants need in relatively large quantities are nitrogen (N), sulphur (S), phosphorus (P), potassium (K), calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg). But plants also need trace elements in small quantities for healthy growth. Trace elements include; iron (Fe), manganese (Mn), boron (B), copper (Cu), zinc (Zn) and molybdenum (Mo).