Wonga wonga vine and similar vines; Bower vine and Port St. John creeper are common weeds in waste places and abandoned gardens.
Identify the problem
Woonga wonga vine, Bower vine and Port St. John creeper are vigorous, rambling, usually evergreen, vines with attractive trumpet-like pink flowers.
Cut and Swab
- Cut back the plant leaving approximately 20 leaves at the bottom close to the roots.
- Paint Weed Weapon Invade Gel on the upper and lower surfaces of the leaves and onto the cut ends. It is systemic so it will kill down to the roots and is inactivated in the soil and will not affect neighbouring plants.
- Death of Moth plant can take up to 14 days.
- Apply Weed Weapon Woody Weeds or Extra Strength plus Dye & Stick to all foliage of the ivy, it is important not to miss any sections.
- The addition of Dye & Stick to Weed Weapon Extra Strength will improve efficacy.
- Further application may be necessary for extensive mature ivy.
Did You Know
These vines may be cultivated in warmer parts of New Zealand.