Gro-Sure Houseplant Potting Mix is a specially blended premium mix for potting most indoor plants. This open, free draining mix promotes healthier growth and greener leaves for an outstanding indoor garden!
- Contains premium fertiliser N:P:K 17:4.8:8.3 (and trace elements) which slowly releases nutrients over 3-4 months.
- Highest quality ingredients, blended and tested to ensure excellent drainage and oxygen availability around plant roots.
- Contains Seramis® a natural terracotta granule with excellent water regulation properties.
Houseplants require re-potting every 1-2 years depending on the variety. Plants will eventually become root bound and roots may protrude through the drainage holes in the bottom of the pot.
- First water the plant well and allow to drain.
- Choose a pot larger than the old one both in diameter and in depth, ensuring it has adequate drainage holes.
- Place a layer of potting mix in the base of the new pot and gently remove the plant from its old pot holding it carefully close to the base.
- Place the plant on top of the layer of potting mix in the new pot, ensuring the root ball is slightly below the rim of the new pot.
- Fill in with potting mix around the root ball, gently tapping the pot to ensure all gaps are filled.
- Water well and leave to drain.
- 6 Litre Bag.
- Place plants in bright positions but avoid direct sunlight
- Avoid placing in areas with temperature fluctuations i.e. on window ledges or under heat pumps
- Regularly mist foliage with Gro-Sure Houseplant Mist ‘n’ Feed to ensure leaves are kept healthy, and clean leaves with a damp cloth as required.
- Download the Gro-Sure Houseplant Range Leaflet
This product may contain living micro-organisms. Read this information before opening and using this product.
Risk: Micro-organisms can be harmful to health and, although it occurs infrequently, some can result in serious illness (including: Legionnaires’ disease) in some people especially the elderly.
- Always wear gloves when handling and wash hands after use.
- Work in a well-ventilated area.
- Avoid inhaling dust or mist by wearing a disposable face mask or respirator securely covering the nose and mouth.
- Open the bag carefully and direct the opening away from your face.
- Keep the product damp to reduce airborne particles such as dust and avoid creating dust when cleaning up.
- Water potted plants, gardens and soil mixes gently, using a watering can or low pressure hose.
Seek medical attention if you develop high fever or respiratory symptoms including chills, shortness of breath or cough within two weeks of using this product. To learn more about garden safety and reducing risks when gardening, visit www.healthed.govt.nz or www.worksafe.govt.nz and search “legionella”, or visit www.nginz.co.nz/safergardening.