Btk (Bacillus thuringiensis kurstaki) Bio-control of caterpillars. DISCONTINUED - use Organic Insect Control
- DISCONTINUED - Use Organic Insect Control instead.
- Organic control of caterpillars on fruit, vegetables, ornamentals and lawns.
- Does not affect plants or beneficial insects.
- No withholding period.
- BioGro® Certified Organic for use in organic gardening.
- Easy to use; 4 pre measured sachets, each making 5 Litres.
Dilution rate - 1 sachet (2.5g) per 5 litres of clean water. (Each box contains 4 sachets)
Spray into foliage until run off occurs, making sure to spray leaves on both the upper and lower surfaces as complete coverage is required for effective control. Best applied in the evening. Can be used all year round but especially effective if applied when caterpillars are young. Do not use when rain is forecast within 8 hours.
Organic Caterpillar BioControl - The active ingredient in this product is Btk (Bacillus thuringiensis kurstaki) which is a naturally occurring soil bacterium. When ingested by the larvae of insects (caterpillars) it is activated in the caterpillar's alkaline gut where it produces a toxin that is lethal to the caterpillar. In the acid guts of other animals it is destroyed and is totally harmless. Btk is both safe, with no withholding period on crops, and highly effective.
Porina Caterpillar in Lawns
Dilute as above and apply to affected areas of lawns. Re-apply at 7 day intervals or as required.
37000 International Units Bacillus thuringienis sub-species kurstaki (Btk) /mg. i.e. each sachet contains 92.5 million International Units of Btk.
Sizes: Box of 4 x 2.5 g sachets.
For most consistent control:
- Apply at first sign of newly hatched caterpillars.
- Re-apply as necessary and check for caterpillars regularly.
- During periods of high temperatures, caterpillars will progress through early instars very rapidly and early application timing is necessary for control.
- To be effective, Organic Caterpillar Bio-Control spray must be deposited at the caterpillar feeding site. In tomatoes when plant cover is dense and larvae are feeding in the lower 2/3 portion of the plant, application of Organic Caterpillar Bio-Control from above may not provide adequate control so try and spray undersides of leaves.
- How to mix and dilute spray concentrates.
- Pest Control Terms Glossary of Meanings
Join the conversation
Your "NO Caterpillars "[Organic Caterpillar Bio-Control] is absolutely brilliant and has saved my sanity!!