Buxus (box) hedging is often affected by a dieback disease known as Buxus blight. Buxus Blight Buster helps control this disease and others on Buxus, shrubs, ornaments and roses. DISCONTINUED - Replaced by new Buxus Blight Buster thiram liquid.
- DISCONTINUED - Replaced by new Buxus Blight Buster Thiram Liquid
- Controls Buxus Blight, Phytophthora, Pythium (root rotting diseases and dieback) and Downy Mildew in all varieties of Buxus as well as ornamentals, shrubs and roses.
- Rapidly absorbed through foliage and roots to protect the whole plant.
- Prevents, controls and boosts the plant immune system.
- Long lasting action.
- Rainfast in 2 hours.
- Control: Where there are already signs of disease – dilute 5 g (1 x 5 g sachet*) per litre of water. Spray foliage 28 every days. Apply spray liberally to point of run off and apply as a drench to roots.
- Prevention: Regular preventative treatment – dilute 5 g (1 x 5 g sachet*) per 2 litres of water. Spray foliage every 28 days when plants are susceptible to disease. Apply spray liberally to point of run off and apply as a drench to roots.
- Planting: You can also use this product to protect from shock and disease when planting new plants/cuttings or transplanting – gently soak soil around the roots of new plants with the solution and plant as usual.
*There is a 25 g sachet in the new 100 g pack size, this would be diluted in 5 L of water for control and 10 L of water for prevention.
Contains: 800 g/kg Fosetyl-aluminium in the form of a water dispersible granule.
25 g (5 x 5 g sachets), 100 g (4 x 25 g sachets)
- Prune out dead material. Clean all equipment used for cutting between each plant and again after use, to prevent spreading disease.
- Rake out leaf litter from below plants as this may harbour disease.
- Make a smooth paste using the powder and a small amount of water before mixing to the final dilution.
- Ensure product is thoroughly mixed before applying.
- Use all of the mixture within 24 hours
- If unavailable you can use PLANThealth Root Protect Aliette instead.
- Apply PLANThealth Buxus Feed to strengthen roots and stems, and stimulate resistance to disease.
- How to mix and dilute spray concentrates video
- Glossary of Gardening Terms
HSNO Approval code: HSR000483.
PLANThealth Buxus Blight Buster SDS
Join the conversation
Last year my 15 metre box hedge started looking sick. It spread rapidly and not wanting to loose it, I found your box blight product. I am so pleased with the result!
I am still applying it monthly but will stop over winter. Thank you for making this product available. I previously had 12 box balls that were 15 years old and they got it and I had to dispose of them all so I am very grateful I could save my box hedge!