Hemlock and similar weeds such as wild carrot, wild parsnip, fennel and hogweed are common on roadsides and in waste places.
Identify the problem
These weeds are fast growing up to 2 metres tall and have finely fern-like leaves. The flowers are many small white flowers together in an umbrella-like disc.
- For quick and effective control of hemlock weed apply Weed Weapon Extra Strength concentrate with Dye & Stick. It will knock down hemlock and similar weeds in 2-7 days.
- For woody mature hemlock apply Weed Weapon Woody Weed Control to all parts of the plant. It will control the hemlock and similar weeds within 7–10 days.
- For best results apply in Spring, Summer or Autumn when the plant is in active growth.
- If you wish to more effectively prevent regrowth, apply Weed Weapon Long Term. This is a selective pre-emergent herbicide which penetrates deep into the soil. Do not plant seeds or sensitive plants into treated soil within 3 months of application.
Did You Know
- Hemlock is foul smelling, unlike the rather pleasant smell of similar weeds such as fennel, wild carrot and wild parsnip.
- Latin names: Fennel - Foeniculum vulgare, Wild carrot - Daucus carota, Water celery - Apium nodiflorum, Hemlock - Conium maculatum, Giant hogweed - Heracleum mantegazzianum, Parsley dropwort - Oenanthe pimpinelloides, Wild parsnip - Pastinaca sativa, Stone parsley - Sison amomum