Mulleins are a group of annual or biennial weeds often found in stony and waste areas.
Identify the problem
Mullein first forms large rosettes with large thick leaves. The woolly mullein has thick, silvery-grey, woolly leaves. From the rosette grows a tall erect flowering stem about 1 metre tall with a spike of yellow or white flowers.
- In flower beds and waste areas - Spot treat with Weed Weapon Extra Strength or Rapid Action. Weed Weapon is systemic and kills weeds down to the roots within 2-4 days and is an ideal product for use around established trees and shrubs. It is inactive in the soil so planting can be safely carried out soon after treatment.
- Weed Weapon Long Term can be used in areas that are not to be cultivated. Long Term will kill the weeds present and then go on to prevent growth of new weeds for up to 1 year.
- For a fast acting organic solution use Kiwicare Weed Weapon Natural Power.
- For best results use in Spring and Autumn when are growing and before they go to seed.
Did You Know
- Mullein is a group of weeds in the genus Verbascum