Buxus (box) hedging is often affected by a dieback disease known as Buxus blight. Buxus Blight Buster thiram helps control this disease and others on Buxus, shrubs, ornaments and roses.
- Preventative and curative of a broad range of fungal disease
- Liquid formulation
- Sulphur group fungicide
- Rainfast once dry
- Controls Buxus Blight, Leaf Spot, Mildew, Root Rot and Dieback
- Shake well before use
- Dilute 5 ml per each litre of water
- Mix well
- Apply using a pressure sprayer or watering can
- Spray foliage to thoroughly cover upper and lower surfaces of leaves. Apply as a drench to roots. Can be applied to root ball and hole prior to planting
Contains: 400 g/L Thiram in the form of a suspension concentrate.
- 200 ml concentrate (makes 40 L – treats approx. 320 Buxus plants*)
- 400 ml concentrate (makes 80 L - treats approx. 640 Buxus plants*)
*Based foliar and root application to Buxus hedge 0.5 m wide and 1 m high with Buxus spaced 50 cm apart.
- Prune out any dead material
- Clean all equipment used for cutting between each plant and again after use, to prevent spreading disease
- Rake out leaf litter from below plants as this may harbour disease
- Dispose of leaf litter in your green waste
- Use all the mixture within 24 hours
- Dispose of any unused mixture by spraying onto plants until sprayer is empty
- For ongoing protection apply every 2-4 weeks.
- In humid weather apply every 2 weeks
- Avoid application in very hot, sunny conditions, over 30°C for example.
- Apply PLANThealth Buxus Feed to strengthen roots and stems, and stimulate resistance to disease.
- How to mix and dilute spray concentrates video
- Glossary of Gardening Terms
HSNO Approval code: HSR000475.
PLANThealth Buxus Blight Buster Thiram SDS
Join the conversation
This also helps with...
Last year my 15 metre box hedge started looking sick. It spread rapidly and not wanting to loose it, I found your box blight product. I am so pleased with the result!
I am still applying it monthly but will stop over winter. Thank you for making this product available. I previously had 12 box balls that were 15 years old and they got it and I had to dispose of them all so I am very grateful I could save my box hedge!