Barberry, including Darwin's barberry and European barberry, are woody evergreen shrubs with spiky leaves.
Identify the problem
- ApplyWeed Weapon Woody Weeds or Weed Weapon Extra Strength concentrate with Dye & Stick, all year round. Follow up on re-sprouting areas twice a year.
- Cut down the barberry and immediately apply Weed Weapon Invade Gel or Weed Weapon Stump Stop Gel to all cut ends to kill root systems effectively.
- Small patches can be dug out but ensure all roots are removed as these will re-sprout. Dispose of plant material at a refuse transfer station or burn. Check for regrowth.
Did You Know
- Barberry replaces shrub land and regenerating forest, sometimes permanently in open habitats.
- Barberry is Berberis glaucocarpa
- Darwin's barberry is Berberis darwinii