Galinsoga is a common weed in waste places and flowerbeds.
Identify the problem
The flowers are small yellow central composite flower surrounded by five white petal-like florets. The leaves a bright pale green.
In garden beds
- To control Galinsoga seedlings in garden beds, spot treat with Weed Weapon Extra Strength, Weed Weapon Rapid Action or Weed Weapon Natural Power. Weed Weapon Extra Strength is systemic and kills weeds down to the roots within 2-4 days and is an ideal product for use around established trees and shrubs. It is inactive in the soil so planting can be safely carried out soon after treatment. Weed Weapon Natural Power will burn down young weeds within hours and is certified organic by BioGro.
- To control larger mature Galinsoga spray the whole plant with Weed Weapon Extra Strength concentrate with Dye & Stick. Or cut the Galinsoga down and immediately treat the cut stumps with Invade Gel.
- For best results apply spray in Spring and Autumn when weeds are growing. Control before flowering and seeding to prevent similar problems the following year.
In paths and driveways
- For long term control on paths and driveways use Weed Weapon Long Term. This will kill a wide range of weeds and prevent regrowth for up to 12 months.
- For best results apply spray in Spring and Autumn when weeds are growing.
Did You Know
- Galinsoga is Galinsoga parviflora