Valerian is a perrenial weed often found growing in walls, banks and cliffs.
Identify the problem
The growth of valerian roots in cracks and crevices can damage walls and paving.
In garden beds
- Spot treat with Weed Weapon. Weed Weapon Extra Strength is systemic and kills weeds down to the roots within 2-4 days and is an ideal product for use around established trees and shrubs. It is inactive in the soil so planting can be safely carried out soon after treatment.
- For a fast acting organic solution use Weed Weapon Natural Power.
- For best results use in Spring and Autumn when weeds and turf are growing.
- If you wish to more effectively prevent regrowth, apply Weed Weapon Preventer granules. This is a selective pre-emergent herbicide which penetrates deep into the soil. Do not plant seeds or sensitive plants into treated soil within 3 months of application.
In paths and driveways
Did You Know
- Latin name: Spur valerian - Centranthus ruber.