Polygonum (Dock family) is a genus of many weeds including knotweed, willow weed, wireweed, sheep's sorrel, docks and water pepper. They are common weeds for waste places and flowerbeds.
Identify the problem
The Polygonum genus is diverse and includes prostrate scrambling weeds such as wireweed and erect plants up to 3 metres and woody vines.
- In flower beds and waste areas - Spot treat with Weed Weapon Extra Strength or Rapid Action. Weed Weapon products are systemic and kills weeds down to the roots within 2-4 days and is an ideal product for use around established trees and shrubs. It is inactive in the soil so planting can be safely carried out soon after treatment.
- In paths driveways and non-cultivated areas - Weed Weapon Long Term can be used in areas that are not to be cultivated. Long Term will kill the weeds present and then go on to prevent growth of new weeds for up to 1 year.
- Organic - An organic option is to spray with Weed Weapon Natural Power.
- Lawns - Apply LawnPro Turfclean when weeds are growing actively. Best control is achieved on young Polygonum.
Did You Know
- Polygonum is a genus of about 220 species of plant in the buckwheat and knotweed family Polygonaceae.