Pearwort and procumbent pearlwort are common weeds of lawns, paths and wast places.
Identify the problem
Pearworts are small mat-forming tufted perennial weeds with narrow, pointed leaves.
- Pearlwort have shallow root systems and are easily pulled out. Use Kiwicare Weed Weapon Extra Strength or Rapid Action to spray and kill spurrey taking care not to spray garden plants.
- In organic gardens Weed Weapon Natural Power will effectively kill pearlwort.
- To prevent germination of seed and growth of bulbs use Weed Weapon Long Term or Weed Weapon Preventer can be used in areas once weeds have been cleared.
Did You Know
- Pearlwort is Sagina apetela
- Procumbant pearlwort is Sagina procumbens