Speedwells are common garden and waste area annual weeds.
Identify the problem
Speedwells, including scrambling speedwell, field speedwell and turf speedwell are common weeds in gardens. Turf and field speedwell are common in wet lawns and pasture. They have small bright blue flowers.
In garden beds
- To control speedwell in garden beds, spot treat with Weed Weapon Extra Strength, Rapid Action or Weed Weapon Natural Power. Weed Weapon is systemic and kills weeds down to the roots within 2-4 days and is an ideal product for use around established trees and shrubs. It is inactive in the soil so planting can be safely carried out soon after treatment. Weed Weapon Natural Power will burn down young weeds within hours and is certified organic by BioGro.
- For best results apply spray in Spring and Autumn when weeds are growing. Control before flowering and seeding to prevent similar problems the following year.
In paths and driveways
- For long term control on paths and driveways use Weed Weapon Long Term. This will kill a wide range of weeds and prevent regrowth for up to 12 months.
- For best results apply spray in Spring and Autumn when weeds are growing.
Did You Know
- Speedwells include water speedwell, scrambling speedwell, marsh speedwell and pink water speedwell.
- Latin names: Speedwell - Veronica angallis-aquatica, Scrambling speedwell - Veronica persica, Marsh speedwell - Veronica scutellata, Pink water speedwell - Veronica catenata.